Anne Angelo 03/16/11
Helping Animals Heal Old Traumas
with Anne Angelo
Wednesday, March 16, 2011
2 p.m. Eastern Time
(1 p.m. CT, noon MT, 11 a.m Pacific)
(8 p.m. CET – Europe; 8 a.m. Hawaii)
Communicating with animals that have experienced trauma and abuse in their lives can be a challenging yet rewarding experience. It can also serve as an opportunity for growth for all involved in the communication sessions.
As an animal communicator, it is important to keep in mind that we are there to help the animal. This will often also mean that we will be assisting the animal’s new family during the transition process.
We need to be open to hearing all that an animal has to reveal about their past, asking for their wisdom as to how we, as humans, can facilitate their healing. We also seek to possibly make suggestions to the animal and their new families on how to make this transition as comfortable as possible for both the animal and other family members. It is important to keep in mind that both the animal and their families may have different needs during this process.
In this teleclass you will:
- Learn how a history of trauma and/or abuse can affect a communication session with an animal.
- Learn how to avoid common pitfalls in communicating with animals with a history of trauma and abuse.
- Explore ways to build trust when talking with animals who have been physically abused, neglected and abandoned.
- Discover 3 methods of helping an animal to overcome blocks in communicating their needs.
- Gain insight into the best practices for assisting animals and their families in the process of transitioning the animal into a new home.
The teleclass will include:
- Real examples from Anne’s own personal experiences working with animals who have experienced trauma and abuse, including her own canine companion, Meesha.
Meet Anne Angelo
Animal Communicator, Small Animal Massage Practitioner,
ANNE ANGELO, L.C.S.W.
Morristown, NJ USA
Anne’s services include:
In-person and distance animal communication; In-person and distance Reiki; Small animal massage; Basic and Advanced animal communication workshops; One-on-one animal communication coaching.
Meet Anne Angelo
As an animal communicator my joy comes from being able to facilitate a deeper level of connection and understanding between humans and their animal companions. I have seen where this process brings about growth and renewal for all involved.
As I am also a Licensed Clinical Social Worker, it is extremely important to me to provide sensitivity and understanding to my work with people and their animal companions. Since 1998 I have worked with children and adults in a variety of settings, including trauma and abuse. I have found that the animals bring perspectives that often help us as humans to achieve greater awareness and resolution of personal blocks in areas ranging from decision making to death and dying, or the “transition” process.
My work as an animal communicator and Reiki practitioner brought about a desire to do more to assist animals by providing relief from physical ailments. As a result I have become certified in small animal massage which I am now able to incorporate into my passion for facilitating holistic healing for animals.