Purring to Ground.
Master Teacher Sakhara on Purring
When I awakened at 3:30 this morning, I wasn't sure whether to get up or go back to sleep.
Sakhara soon arrived on the bed and threw her body down with her back against my head and chest.
With my heavy human head partially supported by a pillow and partially resting on Sakhara's chest, and with my right arm around her body gently touching her feet, I received a purring lesson, although I didn't realize it at the time.
Sakhara's purrs are usually very gentle and quiet and difficult to hear, but this morning, with my left ear against her body, they sounded very strong and loud and gentle. It was delightful to lie there and listen to them. Is this how kittens feel?
Sakhara told me to breath normally while allowing my breath to go through my feet and out. Her purrs began to vibrate through me. Did I actually fall asleep for awhile? I don't know for sure. But when I did notice the time again, I was very relaxed and felt rested.
Later on, I resumed my lesson in a more human way - asking questions and taking notes.
So I asked, " What was the lesson about?" (Only a human would have to ask, right?)
"Purring as a form of grounding.
To be grounded through purring, you must
- Be in your own body fully.
- Resonate with the purr of the Earth
- Breathe in and out through your feet, allowing the purr to vibrate throughout your body.
- Feel the purr resonate with the Earth's vibration."
What if someones doesn't have a cat? How can they learn about purring?
"You don't have to have a cat to do this, but you do have to know what a purr sounds and feels like. Then you ...
- Become a cat. Imagine yourself curled up and purring. Imagine you can hear and feel the purr.
- The purr vibrates throughout a feline's body -- all your bodies -- in one steady pulsing. Let your purr spread throughout your bodies.
- Your body settles gently into the earth.
- Hear the purr.
- Feel the purr.
- Be the purr."
So I sat quietly in my chair and imagined I was a cat purring. It didn't take long for me to feel very relaxed and quiet -- seemed like only a few seconds, really. Great teacher!! Thank you.